Skip to main content

EPT 美語
目前網頁所在位置:
/ 免費英文自學教材 / 美國之音 / 流行美語 / 第十四部 / 第15課

第十四部 第十五課: grub , hustle

 
  • Larry 和李華一起出去買東西,Larry 說他肚子餓了。李華會學到兩個常用語:grubhustle
  • ………………………………………………………………………………
  • Li Hua, I am so hungry. We need to find some grub quick.
  • 你怎麼又餓了啊?你想吃什麼?grub?什麼是 grub?
  • Grub is food, and right now I need to get some grub; otherwise, I am going to start eating the shoes I bought.
  • 原來 Grub 就是食物。耶!你也太過分了,你再餓也不至於要吃你剛買的鞋子嘛。你啊要是真的啃鞋子,我就要給精神病醫院打電話了。
  • Oh, I see a place up ahead, it's called Ranchero. They've got pretty good grub there.
  • 我也看見了耶,那家叫 Ranchero 的餐館。你說他們的飯菜很好,是真的嗎?那這家飯館是什麼風味的啊?
  • It is a Mexican restaurant. Mexican food is some of my favorite grub.
  • 你喜歡吃墨西哥飯?我怎麼不知道。對不起耶,我可不喜歡吃墨西哥飯。我們能不能去別的餐館呢?
  • Well, I am pretty hungry. But I suppose we can spend a little more time looking for a place with grub we both like.
  • 對啊,找個我們倆都喜歡吃的地方。這附近有個叫漢宮的中餐館,他們的菜很好吃耶。我們去漢宮,怎麼樣?
  • Actually, a friend told me that the grub at China Garden is not so good. It isn't very authentic...
  • 漢宮的中國飯不地道?你聽誰說的啊?我覺得還是不錯的啊,當然不能算是第一流的嘛。
  • But another friend said that the grub at China Garden was much better than he thought.
  • 每個人的口味不一樣。有的人覺得不正宗,這個朋友又覺得比他想像的更好。我看,你呀,這麼餓就別挑剔了。有什麼就吃什麼吧!
  • You're right. I guess at this point I am so hungry I can't be too picky.
  • 說實話,Larry,哪兒的菜啊都比不上我媽媽做的。
  • Of course, the grub you get at any restaurant is never as good as home cooking. Come on, Li Hua, let's go to China Garden.
  • ………………………………………………………………………………
  • We better hustle, Li Hua!
  • Hustle?那不是一種跳舞的步伐嗎?你又想去跳舞啊?
  • The hustle WAS a dance popular in the U.S. in the 1970s. But I'm not talking about old dance moves. I mean we better hurry.
  • 我明白了,你的意思是我們要趕快,hustle 跟 70 年代流行的那個舞步啊毫無關係。可是我們也得付了賬才可以走啊。這個服務生動作怎麼這麼慢吶。
  • You are right, he isn't very fast, is he? We need to let him know we need to hustle.
  • 好,那你去告訴他我們需要趕緊走。我呢,去用一下洗手間。
  • But you have to hustle right back, Li Hua; otherwise, we won't make the bus.
  • 你放心,我馬上就回來。我知道我們要趕六點的汽車呢,晚了就趕不上了。
  • No, Li Hua, I think we need to hustle out of here right now. Otherwise we won't be able to make it.
  • 有那麼緊張嗎?現在不走就趕不上車啦?
  • Yes, I'll just leave the money on the table. Let's go!
  • Larry, 好主意,把錢放在桌上,可別忘了給小費喔。
  • Yes, I have included the tip。
  • ………………………………………………………………………………
  • Oh, no, Li Hua! There is the bus. We aren't going to make it!
  • 跑得我都氣喘不上來了,結果還是沒有趕上啊。真倒霉。Larry,你要是真有急事的話,我那們就去坐出租車回去吧。
  • That's a good idea, Li Hua.
  • 對了,Larry,你那麼急著回家,到底有什麼事啊?
  • The season finale of my favorite TV show is on at eight P.M.. I really can't miss it.
  • 原來你要在八點前趕回去看你愛看的電視劇喔!我的天啊,我還以為你有什麼急事呢。
  • ………………………………………………………………………………
  • 今天李華學到了兩個常用語。一個是 grub,意思是食物。還有一個是 hustle,意思是趕快
EPT 美語
EPT 美語
Top
Top
建議瀏覽模式:解析度 1024x768 或以上,瀏覽器建議使用 IE 7.0FireFox 2.0 以上。聲音播放需要安裝 Flash Player